We are pleased to announce five finalists for MSO's inaugural student concerto competition, selected from a group of excellent applicants studying at 4 Maine colleges. . In alphabetical order, they are:
- Liam Butchart, Voice, Colby College
- Yitong (Thomas) Deng, Piano, Colby College
- Josie DiPhilippo, Piano, USM
- Annah Gauthier, Piano, USM
- Nathaniel Hackworth, Marimba, UM Orono
The finalists will compete in public auditions on May 16, 2018, at 7pm at the Gendron Franco Center in Lewiston. The winner will be announced that night, and will perform as guest soloist with the Midcoast Symphony Orchestra, October 21-22, 2018.
Congratulations to these talented, hard-working, accomplished musicians!